Jack-Jack (aka Willie Wonka) a Rescue

On August 23rd, the ASPCA (link to original article) and the Humane Society of the United States at the request of the US Attorney's Office and the FBI, assisted in seizing 367 dogs from Alabama, Mississippi, and Georgia in what is believed to be the 2nd largest dog fighting raid in the United States history.

Pit Sister (located in Jacksonville Florida) (Pit Sisters web page to get Willie adopted) partnered with the ASPCA by taking in Jack-Jack (aka Willie) and worked to place him in a new home. Shelters and rescue groups across the country worked and are working to place the many animals rescued.

Jack was kind of quiet and shy those first three days, by the end of the 1st week he started cuddling with the other dogs and my husband. He seemed to be fearful and scared of my husband, I could only think that it was a man that physically abused Jack-Jack or a man that forced him to do the unthinkable - kill or be killed. I  will never know for sure, only God, Jack-Jack and the man will ever know.

We started to see the changes in Jack-Jack's pictures. His ears laid back and flat and he never really smiled. Today I was researching some pictures to send to the ASPCA people who were there when Jack-Jack's group was rescued, I saw the change as I flipped through the many pictures that we have taken of our dogs. Jack-Jack's ears moved to their normal (happier) position sometime at the end of the first week. Through the pictures I could see him becoming more playful and trying to have fun, even though any dog owner could see that he was still treading carefully around us and the other dogs. He was (LOL was) always on his best behavior.
Jack-Jack small smile (but a smile)

Now my little furry man, plays and rough houses like a normal dog, he hijacks the other dogs toys, and you'd think we'd had him for years. I am sad to inform all of you on this next little bit of information, on July 23rd Jack-Jack smiled the biggest most amazing typical Pit Bull smile that I have seen only in pictures for the FIRST time since he has been here with us and I MISSED the photo opp.......... How could I miss that picture, I have my cell phone on my hip for just those occasions.


Jack-Jack small smile (but a smile)
Today, Jack-Jack smiled again. What a blessing for this abused baby to trust and and SMILE at us in approximately two months of knowing us. I think that he is falling in love with us and I know he will be loved for the rest of his day and be with us until he is needed in doggy heaven.I am so grateful that the ASPCA was able to save him and the many others, Jack-Jack is a great dog and he deserved a second chance at life outside of the dog fighting ring.




Comments

Popular Posts