They are all NOT Beyond Repair

Today I walked my Red Nose/Chocolate Lab Mix, Jack at Losco Park. It was just him and I (I left the girls at home): the girls are Martini the 13 lb. Apple-head Chihuahua 4 ½ years old and Ritta the Catahoula Leopard Hound/pit mix who is 11 ½ years old. Jack is a little over 2 years old and he is a rescue. He was saved by the ASPCA, then turned over to the Pit Sisters for fostering and then to be adopted out. I was BLESSED enough and to be the one that adopted him. To understand WHY these forty-five minutes to the park, at the park & the ride home was impressive and sad you must know that he was rescued from a HUGE tri-state sing operation of an extremely large PIT BULL FIGHTING RING. 
I am not broke & know how to play with a puppy.


Playing like I was never abused.

Jack acted like he was terrified of the world. A lady that was also walking on the path complemented his good behavior and how I was walking/training him to stay be me (I kept telling Jack, “Walk with me & Good boy” as he did exactly what I asked) and he remained right beside me. Another lady, walking to the park play area with her son, commented at how she was amazed by his beauty & his color. She asked to pet him (I said yes) and she mention to me that she could see that Jack was scared (as if I did not know, but that was nice –because maybe I could have been a bad owner who did not notice that).

I explained to her that he usually walks in a pack, with a Chihuahua (the leader) and the Catahoula (the old wise one, who is animal aggressive to anything that is not human and bigger than she is- I also rescued her about 10 years). I explained how he is much braver with the girls around. I told her that I want Jack to learn that he is safe without the girls around, with just me and him on his leash.
Showing everyone that I am a GOOD BOY & worth it.

After about 45 or 30 minutes, I gave in and we went home. He was so scared that he did not want to eat his treats or his dinner when we got home. It took about 15 minutes before I could see that he was back to his normal self.
MY big red MEAN Pit mix was so scared he wouldn't eat! He lives for FOOD & hugs & kisses, but FOOD is always FIRST! MEAN my BUTT! He laid his head on my arm the entire drive home. My sweet boy, my SWEET, SWEET boy; I just want to build his confidence and it just broke my heart the way he kept his tail under his belly. As his tail vanished he still remained calm and sweet!
These dogs are trusting to a fault, so much so that it usually means that they will end up dying horrific deaths due to wanting love from their bad owners and unfortunately obeying them too. Dogs trust us, we domesticated them and now we/some of us ABUSE them by creating RIDICULOUS RULES and dare I say certain cities/counties ACTUALLY BREAK and DEFY STATE LAWS!
Not all these dogs are broken or beyond repair! Some just need to be touched, loved, given time to feel safe enough to make an exit from the safety of their hardened shells. Then they can and will be able to show their happiness and gratitude to us all.
Jack's (on the left) 1st day at his FUR-EVER home!
 

My Jack has every reason and right to HATE humans, yet he LOVES every person that he meets. Complete strangers can see this as they walked past us. Why can’t Saint Johns County STOP BREAKING Florida Laws and give each individual dog a chance to show that they are good dogs? They only need a chance to show it. We WILL find a way to make a change in your county’s rules PROFILING DOGS BASED ON THE WAY THAT THEY LOOK. Here is a link to another article about St. Johns County & their lawlessness attitudes (based on fear).

My Jack is a walking BILLBOARD for the cause! He is the reason why ALL DOGS need a chance to be loved, a chance to show the world that they are good and GRATEFUL dogs!
I am mad and I will do what I can to stop the RIDICULOUS RULES and ABUSE of power in your county. I will BLOG, I will write, I will march, and I will stand up for those who cannot speak or fight for themselves.

Not all are broken or beyond repair! Some just need to be touched, loved, given time to feel safe enough to make an exit from the safety of their hardened shells. They need to be given a chance to love a real family. They need to feel safe from the horrific abuse that they suffered!
Having fun with my family. They love me, yes they do.

My Jack is a walking BILLBOARD for the cause! He is the reason why ALL DOGS need a chance to be loved, a chance to love, a chance to have a home and a chance to show the world that they are good and GREAT grateful dogs! I am a/the voice for the voiceless! 
The next chapter of Jack’s story (past, present & future) http://bethevoice4thevoiceless.blogspot.com/2014/07/jack-jack-aka-willie-wonka-rescue.html
Please don't judge me by what BAD PEOPLE do, I am an INDIVIDUAL like YOU! Given the chance, I showed them that I was not broken. I showed them that I can love them too.
 

Comments

Popular Posts